I just realized something. The last two items I purchased through Poshmark were both snake patterned. Maybe the tides are turning from my leopard obsession.
This J.Crew Collection blouse is the favorite top in my closet at the moment. I wear it at least once a week. I don’t know what this top would have originally been, but I bought it for $42.00. I had credit on Poshmark from selling clothes I no longer wear and so I ended up only paying around $28.00 out of pocket.
My sister has put me on to French Sole New York (FSNY) shoes. She wears them to work and can walk through the city comfortably. I do a good bit of walking on uneven surfaces and since being on crutches, my usual heels are no longer an option. In addition to a black pair of FSNY shoes purchased this year, I bought these snake skin flats for $45.00. Again, I had credit from my own Poshmark sales so I only spend about $15.00 out of pocket.
I absolutely love being able to trade in things I never wear for fresh new items!
If you haven’t tried Poshmark, check it out! Check out my “closet” also! There are so many great deals to be had on this site. They have a really great app too.
I bought an Apple Watch and I love love love it.
If you have been following this random shopping blog for any extended period of time, my indecisiveness around the purchase of an Apple Watch has been well documented.
I was at the mall over the weekend with my Grandmother and I just decided to quit looking at them online and in the stores and just buy one already.
I handed over my Fitbit to my mom that evening and away I went with a new toy.
- Messages: My phone dings all the ding dong day and it’s really annoying. Now I can see them on my wrist without having to hunt for my phone to make it quit sending reminder dings. (I haven’t disabled the reminders because until now it was often the only way to find my phone)
- Calls: My phone never stops ringing and so now I can talk to people, again, without having to hunt for and then hold my phone. I can talk and type without ever touching my phone.
- Fitness Tracking: I’m still adjusting, but I like this feature ok. I wish I could adjust all of the goals, but it looks like I can only change the move goal. I’m working on understanding this better.
- Watch Faces: You can customize the watch faces to feature the shortcut items you use the most. I keep mine on weather, messages, reminders, and fitness tracking. I love having all of those things at my fingertips without having to use my phone.
- Less Phone Time: If you couldn’t tell by the previous bullet points, I can’t stand my phone. It’s an iPhone 7 so it’s a great phone so it’s not the tech. It’s the noise and the constant neediness of the people on the other end of the calls and texts. Just looking at or thinking about my phone gives me anxiety and makes me kinda angry. I just needed a few degrees of separation from that device even if it means more time using another device. Only time will tell if I end up hating them both equally.
I have heard more than one person complain about the battery life of the Apple Watch and after about a week with it, I’m not having any issues. I use it all day pretty actively and I still have 50+ percent battery when I go to bed in the evening. I just stick it on it’s charger like I do my phone. Easy.
For now, I’m keeping the original band on the watch. The sport band is very comfortable and I don’t even feel it there. I was always so aware of my regular watch as it moved as I moved. The sport band keeps the Apple Watch in place and I like it a lot. I’ll get something jazzier ultimately, but I’m just enjoying the newness for now.
I had no idea what I was missing.
I have seen plenty of people with Popsockets on their phone and I didn’t think much of it. I thought they were pretty silly, if I’m being honest.
This all changed when my brother gave me one for my birthday.
I am now a Popsocket fan.
I even bought the dock for my Popsocket. After I had already taken the ding dang dock out of its packaging, I realized that I don’t have anywhere in my car to put it. The entertainment system takes up the whole dash! Oh well. I’ll probably figure out a way to use it at work.
I rarely ever drop my phone so that’s not really why I’m into it. I do like having a better grip on my phone, but I also like that I can grip my phone differently and I enjoy using it to prop up my phone. I just like it. It’s also fun to say.
My family doesn’t really celebrate birthdays, but this year my sister’s engagement party fell on my birthday weekend and it was actually really great. I love parties and people don’t have birthday parties anymore. That needs to change.
We also don’t really do presents so it was really cool that I had a stack of presents to open. It really felt like Christmas.
I did something different this year. I sent out a link to an Amazon wish list so folks could get ideas for presents. As someone who has to come up with gifts for other people my age, it’s tough! Amazon makes it so easy to create and share products lists and I’m glad I gave it a try. From my wish list, I received the following:
- Amazon Basics Sound Bar: I have a really great TV, but the sound is really terrible. This Amazon Basics Sound Bar has changed that. It plugs in and clearly tells you what to do to the settings on your TV and it sounds great. It even connects to devices via bluetooth.
- Hunter Boot Inserts: I love my Hunter boots and wear them a lot. I have been layering many pairs of socks to keep my feet warm in them during the winter and these inserts keep me from having to do that. The cold comes straight up through the soles so this will provide a warm barrier between me and the ground. I can’t wait to wear them!
- Maglite LED flashlight: I needed a flashlight. I wanted a fancy flashlight. Why not make it red? I really love this flash light. Is that weird?
I continually update my Amazon wish list and if you would like to take a peek, click here.
Ann Taylor recently threw a really great sale.
Everything was 50% off and they added free shipping!
I took that opportunity to get caught up on my Ann Taylor wish list.
This Boatneck Flare Cuff Blouse has been on my list for a while. I love simple blouses that I can pair with skirts or slacks for work. I was running low on basics so I bought this top in winter white and black. They are pretty affordable to begin with priced at $69.50, but I was ecstatic to buy them at the reduced price of $34.75.
I also bought this simple Satin Trim Keyhole Top for only $29.75. It was originally $59.50.
I have been meaning to replace my old, and in some cases tattered, collared dress shirts with a new set of basics. Mission accomplished!
Only two months left in 2017!
I don’t know about you, but I need 2018 to hurry up and get here already. 2017 has been miserable and I need a clean slate (and a working car).
There is very little on my wish list this month because my birthday was a couple days ago and I got everything I had been needing/wanting.
- Apple Watch – This is going back up on my list and I have finally decided on silver. When you buy the apple brand watch bands, the hardware is silver. I’m OCD so I want the watch and the band hardware to match. I am going to the mall this weekend and may swing by the Apple Store to pick one up in person.
- Apple Watch Hermes Double Watch Band in Etoupe – This bad boy is expensive, but I love it. This may be something Santa (and his helpers) could pool together to pull off.
- Dyson Vacuum – I need a more powerful vacuum and I have friends who rave over this model. I would love to have one, but this is going to be something I have to save for.
- Headache Hat – My migraines have been less frequent over the past month, but I still want/need this in my life.
I have plenty of other items on my ever evolving wish list, but these are the big ticket items.
Always ask if a store price matches. It doesn’t hurt to ask.
A few weeks ago I went to Staples to buy a USB-C adapter for my new MacBook. The prices seemed high and when I scanned the barcode on one of the items, I found that Amazon’s price was lower.
The cord I was buying was $19.99. Amazon was offering the very same cord for $13.60. Apparently Staples offers a lower price guarantee and they took $7.03 off of their sticker price! After tax I spent only $13.83. I was absolutely thrilled!