I haven’t really gone shopping in the traditional sense or ordered much of anything online in a while. I have picked up a few nice pieces from Poshmark.
- J. Crew Sequin Dress – Purchased for only $40. My sister is getting married and I plan to wear this to one of the parties leading up to the wedding.
- J. Crew Jacket – I purchased this jacket for only $40! It was in perfect condition.
- J. Crew Brown Slingbacks – I have a beautiful Teri Jon formal dress that I haven’t been able to wear in years because I didn’t have shoes to go with it. Problem solved! I scored these gently worn heels for only $10!
- Michael Kors Heeled Sandals – These have been on my liked list on Poshmark for some time. When I saw that they were reduced, I pounced. Such a classic and timeless look.
- Tory Burch Top – I LOVE this top. It is cotton on the front and has a patterned silk on the back.
- Tory Burch Navy Minnie Flats – I paid $250+ for my other pair of Minnies and was over the moon that I could pick up a pair second hand for only $56! I wear these almost every day.
I’m trying to simplify my wardrobe. I’m going to be holding on to more neutrals and buying less busy prints.
The real purpose of this post is to tell you about my new shoes. These Tory Burch flats are a revelation. I used to have a bunch of Tory Burch Reva flats and, let’s be honest, they were not comfortable. Tory Burch has won me over all over again with her new show The Minnie.
Oh my gosh they are comfortable! I was in Monkees of Blowing Rock in late August and tried on a pair just to see what the sizing was like because the Reva wasn’ quite true to size. I had planned to check my size and then put them on my wish list for my birthday. As soon as I put them on, I was a goner. I bought these wonderful Minnies in Light Oak. I’m totally obsessed now and would totally replace all of my other Tory Burch flats with these. If you haven’t tried them, you need to. They fold in half and slip into a little bag for travel. Just plain wonderful.
In order to get caught up on posts, the next few posts are going to be brief and not in chronological order.
Over the Labor Day holiday, I exercised restraint and only bought a few things I really needed. My favorite hairclip died after 5+ years. It was a sad day. I replaced the clip and ordered a spare. I was in desperate need of a pair of black jeans also.
These jeans were originally $110.00 and I bought them for $77.00.
These clips are usually $8.50 and I bought each for $5.95.
I also picked up a bunch of basic underwear from Victorias Secret over the holiday. They were running a promotion where if you buy 7+ pairs, each pair would be reduced to only $4.00. I really stocked up.