Rihanna’s beauty line is blowing up in print and online. Her products are so popular that a person has to be stationed next to the display at Sephora to thwart theft. That’s pretty major.
I decided to get a little something from her line for myself and purchased the Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer.
It’s really really pretty y’all.
At only $18.00, this lip gloss much more affordable than the other popular and coveted brands out there. Rhianna has created an extremely desirable product line that is meant for ALL skin tones and she has priced it within reach. Mad respect Rhi Rhi.
I love funky glasses.
I especially love these funky glasses from See in Charleston, SC.
It was pretty much game over as soon as I saw these glasses.
Of course I bought them. How could I not?
See had so many awesome frames. It was hard to choose just one pair.
I have been wearing the same pair of short black suede heels with a bow on the toe for five or more years now. They are worn out and are very uncomfortable now. I have been looking to replace them, but couldn’t find anything similar until this year.
They are basically the same shoes.
The Ashlyn Suede Bow Pumps from Ann Taylor are $138.00 online, but during a recent promotion offering 40% off, I purchased these shoes for $82.80 plus tax. These are much more comfortable than my old pair and the heel is just a smidgeon taller which, oddly, makes them easier to walk in.
Ann Taylor has a bunch of great low heels if you want that little bit of lift, but need them to be practical. This may be my first pair of Ann Taylor shoes, but it certainly will not be my last.
I’ve been on quite the spending spree lately and I’m not even the least bit sorry about it.
I had a bunch of sweaters bite the dust last winter and now that it is cold, I have been wearing the same couple of sweaters over and over. I needed to freshen up my sweater game.
Gap made a sweater like this a few years ago and I hate that I only bought one. I didn’t make the same mistake this time. I bought two of this Merino Turtleneck Sweater with Side Slits, one grey and one black.
I also purchased this Ruffle Crewneck in Boiled Wool. I love the color of the sweater and the ruffle is so fun, but the fit was terrible. I read the reviews online and people reported that it fit small. I would say the fit is true to size except for length. This sweater runs very short. I sized up to account for this, but it was still too small. Unfortunately I had to return the sweater.
I just realized something. The last two items I purchased through Poshmark were both snake patterned. Maybe the tides are turning from my leopard obsession.
This J.Crew Collection blouse is the favorite top in my closet at the moment. I wear it at least once a week. I don’t know what this top would have originally been, but I bought it for $42.00. I had credit on Poshmark from selling clothes I no longer wear and so I ended up only paying around $28.00 out of pocket.
My sister has put me on to French Sole New York (FSNY) shoes. She wears them to work and can walk through the city comfortably. I do a good bit of walking on uneven surfaces and since being on crutches, my usual heels are no longer an option. In addition to a black pair of FSNY shoes purchased this year, I bought these snake skin flats for $45.00. Again, I had credit from my own Poshmark sales so I only spend about $15.00 out of pocket.
I absolutely love being able to trade in things I never wear for fresh new items!
If you haven’t tried Poshmark, check it out! Check out my “closet” also! There are so many great deals to be had on this site. They have a really great app too.
I bought an Apple Watch and I love love love it.
If you have been following this random shopping blog for any extended period of time, my indecisiveness around the purchase of an Apple Watch has been well documented.
I was at the mall over the weekend with my Grandmother and I just decided to quit looking at them online and in the stores and just buy one already.
I handed over my Fitbit to my mom that evening and away I went with a new toy.
- Messages: My phone dings all the ding dong day and it’s really annoying. Now I can see them on my wrist without having to hunt for my phone to make it quit sending reminder dings. (I haven’t disabled the reminders because until now it was often the only way to find my phone)
- Calls: My phone never stops ringing and so now I can talk to people, again, without having to hunt for and then hold my phone. I can talk and type without ever touching my phone.
- Fitness Tracking: I’m still adjusting, but I like this feature ok. I wish I could adjust all of the goals, but it looks like I can only change the move goal. I’m working on understanding this better.
- Watch Faces: You can customize the watch faces to feature the shortcut items you use the most. I keep mine on weather, messages, reminders, and fitness tracking. I love having all of those things at my fingertips without having to use my phone.
- Less Phone Time: If you couldn’t tell by the previous bullet points, I can’t stand my phone. It’s an iPhone 7 so it’s a great phone so it’s not the tech. It’s the noise and the constant neediness of the people on the other end of the calls and texts. Just looking at or thinking about my phone gives me anxiety and makes me kinda angry. I just needed a few degrees of separation from that device even if it means more time using another device. Only time will tell if I end up hating them both equally.
I have heard more than one person complain about the battery life of the Apple Watch and after about a week with it, I’m not having any issues. I use it all day pretty actively and I still have 50+ percent battery when I go to bed in the evening. I just stick it on it’s charger like I do my phone. Easy.
For now, I’m keeping the original band on the watch. The sport band is very comfortable and I don’t even feel it there. I was always so aware of my regular watch as it moved as I moved. The sport band keeps the Apple Watch in place and I like it a lot. I’ll get something jazzier ultimately, but I’m just enjoying the newness for now.
My family doesn’t really celebrate birthdays, but this year my sister’s engagement party fell on my birthday weekend and it was actually really great. I love parties and people don’t have birthday parties anymore. That needs to change.
We also don’t really do presents so it was really cool that I had a stack of presents to open. It really felt like Christmas.
I did something different this year. I sent out a link to an Amazon wish list so folks could get ideas for presents. As someone who has to come up with gifts for other people my age, it’s tough! Amazon makes it so easy to create and share products lists and I’m glad I gave it a try. From my wish list, I received the following:
- Amazon Basics Sound Bar: I have a really great TV, but the sound is really terrible. This Amazon Basics Sound Bar has changed that. It plugs in and clearly tells you what to do to the settings on your TV and it sounds great. It even connects to devices via bluetooth.
- Hunter Boot Inserts: I love my Hunter boots and wear them a lot. I have been layering many pairs of socks to keep my feet warm in them during the winter and these inserts keep me from having to do that. The cold comes straight up through the soles so this will provide a warm barrier between me and the ground. I can’t wait to wear them!
- Maglite LED flashlight: I needed a flashlight. I wanted a fancy flashlight. Why not make it red? I really love this flash light. Is that weird?
I continually update my Amazon wish list and if you would like to take a peek, click here.