My family doesn’t really celebrate birthdays, but this year my sister’s engagement party fell on my birthday weekend and it was actually really great. I love parties and people don’t have birthday parties anymore. That needs to change.
We also don’t really do presents so it was really cool that I had a stack of presents to open. It really felt like Christmas.
I did something different this year. I sent out a link to an Amazon wish list so folks could get ideas for presents. As someone who has to come up with gifts for other people my age, it’s tough! Amazon makes it so easy to create and share products lists and I’m glad I gave it a try. From my wish list, I received the following:
- Amazon Basics Sound Bar: I have a really great TV, but the sound is really terrible. This Amazon Basics Sound Bar has changed that. It plugs in and clearly tells you what to do to the settings on your TV and it sounds great. It even connects to devices via bluetooth.
- Hunter Boot Inserts: I love my Hunter boots and wear them a lot. I have been layering many pairs of socks to keep my feet warm in them during the winter and these inserts keep me from having to do that. The cold comes straight up through the soles so this will provide a warm barrier between me and the ground. I can’t wait to wear them!
- Maglite LED flashlight: I needed a flashlight. I wanted a fancy flashlight. Why not make it red? I really love this flash light. Is that weird?
I continually update my Amazon wish list and if you would like to take a peek, click here.
Ann Taylor recently threw a really great sale.
Everything was 50% off and they added free shipping!
I took that opportunity to get caught up on my Ann Taylor wish list.
This Boatneck Flare Cuff Blouse has been on my list for a while. I love simple blouses that I can pair with skirts or slacks for work. I was running low on basics so I bought this top in winter white and black. They are pretty affordable to begin with priced at $69.50, but I was ecstatic to buy them at the reduced price of $34.75.
I also bought this simple Satin Trim Keyhole Top for only $29.75. It was originally $59.50.
I have been meaning to replace my old, and in some cases tattered, collared dress shirts with a new set of basics. Mission accomplished!
Only two months left in 2017!
I don’t know about you, but I need 2018 to hurry up and get here already. 2017 has been miserable and I need a clean slate (and a working car).
There is very little on my wish list this month because my birthday was a couple days ago and I got everything I had been needing/wanting.
- Apple Watch – This is going back up on my list and I have finally decided on silver. When you buy the apple brand watch bands, the hardware is silver. I’m OCD so I want the watch and the band hardware to match. I am going to the mall this weekend and may swing by the Apple Store to pick one up in person.
- Apple Watch Hermes Double Watch Band in Etoupe – This bad boy is expensive, but I love it. This may be something Santa (and his helpers) could pool together to pull off.
- Dyson Vacuum – I need a more powerful vacuum and I have friends who rave over this model. I would love to have one, but this is going to be something I have to save for.
- Headache Hat – My migraines have been less frequent over the past month, but I still want/need this in my life.
I have plenty of other items on my ever evolving wish list, but these are the big ticket items.
Always ask if a store price matches. It doesn’t hurt to ask.
A few weeks ago I went to Staples to buy a USB-C adapter for my new MacBook. The prices seemed high and when I scanned the barcode on one of the items, I found that Amazon’s price was lower.
The cord I was buying was $19.99. Amazon was offering the very same cord for $13.60. Apparently Staples offers a lower price guarantee and they took $7.03 off of their sticker price! After tax I spent only $13.83. I was absolutely thrilled!
Doesn’t it seem like as soon as you find the perfect shade of lipstick (or bra), it gets discontinued? That’s basically what happened to me with my favorite Clinique lipstick. My go-to shade was 24 Nearly Violet and I was sad when I went to buy a new tube and they didn’t carry it anymore.
Clinique issued a new shade that’s similar called FA Beauty. I like it fine, but it’s a little bit different. Looking at the photo above you might laugh and think I’m crazy, but they are different. Nearly Violet had a deeper hue and Beauty has a more coral tone. I like both, but I really wish they hadn’t discontinued my favorite color.
I am in love with my new MacBook. It’s so tiny and it’s just a smidgeon lighter than the MacBook Air. I didn’t have a case small enough for my computer so of course I checked out what was available on Amazon.
This case set is only $12.99 and they come in a bunch of colors.
The mini case is perfect for my power cord and adapters and keeps them separate so my computer doesn’t get scratched. I highly recommend this set case.
Since listing my spare room on Airbnb, one of my guests killed my Keurig.
I wasn’t upset that the Keurig broke. I was upset that the guy didn’t tell me and the next time I went to make coffee, my counter flooded. Not cool.
My little red Keurig had survived many moves and I think it was about 7 years old.
I thought about getting a larger Keurig one with a reservoir, but my Keurig sits by my sink and it’s no trouble to dump a cup of water in the top. When I ordered a new one I got the same model in black from Amazon for $62.99. These usually run $99.99. Hopefully this one will last just as long as the old one.